How do I send a message to one of your members?
To contact an artist on Axisweb you need to sign in. You can then go to their profile and click the contact link. You will then be asked to add your message and submit it.
Member Contact Guidelines
These Member Contact Guidelines set out our expectations for all users of the service to abide by.
Axisweb reserves the right to decline any request to contact an Artist or Art Professional without giving a reason.
What we accept:
- Opportunities that will lead to paid work, furthering professional practice or professional development, such as commissions, purchases, employment, exhibitions, bursaries and projects
- Messages offering support, congratulations or making a connection
- Media enquiries
What we don't accept:
- A message that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, offensive on grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation or gender or otherwise objectionable
- A message we define as spam
- A message that is for commercial gain and not in the best interest of the Artist or Art Professional and or Axisweb
Forwarding of any message to an Artist or Art Professional shall not imply endorsement by Axisweb.
Before employing an Artist or Art Professional to work with children or vulnerable adults, you are responsible for performing all necessary legal disclosures and obtaining relevant references.
About the Member Contact Guidelines
We may change these Member Contact Guidelines from time to time, so please ensure you check them frequently.
Last amend 9 September 2013
When you find a member on our website whose work you like, you can 'follow' that person by clicking the ‘Follow’ icon
You can find a list of who you follow by signing in and clicking Radar. You can also keep up-to-date with the people you follow and their activities by going to the Discover page and clicking 'My feed'. This will present a filtered list of new artworks, projects, news, events etc that have been uploaded by people you follow.
You can contact a member by clicking the 'contact' button on their profile.
You need to sign in or create an account before you can follow someone and access the 'My feed' function.
Opt-in and opt-out of receiving the monthly e-bulletin
To opt-in or opt-out of receiving the monthly e-bulletin sign in and go to /dashboard/account/ and tick/untick the box and click ‘Update’
'Curated collections' is a facility that allows you to curate artworks, projects, events etc by artists on Axisweb. These are then presented on our site under the Discover section unless you choose to make your collection private.
'Curated collections' is useful for:
- Grouping favourite artworks by artists you like or follow on Axisweb and sharing these
- Using to shortlist artworks, projects etc by artists you want to commission for a project
- Choosing artworks or projects that have a specific theme or medium for use as a teaching resource
- Collating artworks by a particular artist or artists for research purposes
To create a 'Curated collection':
- Sign into the website and go to the Discover section of Axisweb or a specific artist's profile
- Find an artwork, project, event, news item etc that you like (use the filters and categories to narrow your search)
- Click on the item to open it in a lightbox and click 'Add to collection'
- You can then either add it to an existing collection if you've created one previously or click 'Create a collection' to create a new one
- Click 'Create a collection' and add a title and description and tick if you'd like your collection to be private (this means it won't appear in Discover on our site but can be shared with others using the URL)
- Click 'Save' and this adds it to your list of collections
- Click 'Choose collection' to add the artwork, project etc to that collection
- You can then view your collection or continue adding items to it
- Share your collection by viewing it and copying and pasting the URL or by clicking the social share icons at the top of the collection (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest)
- To manage your 'Curated collections' go to your Dashboard and click 'My curated collections' in the left hand menu
- Click on a collection to edit it or click 'Remove' to delete it
- You can have a maximum of five 'Curated collections'